Complaints & Dispute Policy
We are committed to meeting, if not exceeding, our clients’ expectations whenever possible. As much as we all dislike receiving complaints, we recognise that dissatisfied clients have a right to complain and to have their complaint handled quickly and directly. Clients who take the time to complain may well still have confidence in us and want to continue dealing with us.
Complaints are not just a nuisance or a cost, they are an opportunity to obtain feedback from clients about their product or service experience. We use them as a way to assist us to rapidly and inexpensively change products, service style and market focus to meet clients’ needs, maintain clients’ confidence and continuously improve service and relationships with our clients.
Complaints are, in fact, a valuable and important part of ongoing business relationships. They provide a flag to potential problems and difficulties, and a repetition of complaints can indicate a recurring systemic problem that needs immediate attention. They enable us to provide solutions to problems, rather than have remedies imposed by an external body.
The prompt resolution of complaints is a good indicator of whether, generally, we are consistent and presenting the best possible image to clients and prospective clients. It enables us to prevent disputes from becoming entrenched.
All staff and credit representatives must comply with our internal dispute resolution procedures.
We do not charge a fee to consumers who make a complaint.
Our Complaints Contact Person is John Buchan. If he is not available, the back up is Greg Cambridge.
Contact phone numbers for John and Greg are:
Office: 1300 795 171
John’s mobile: 0406 421802
Greg’s mobile: 0406 421803
Our Complaints Contact Person is responsible for:
dealing with and attempting to resolve all client complaints which cannot be resolved by the providing clarification or information;
- advising clients of their rights to lodge complaints with our external dispute resolution scheme;
- managing all disputes with clients;
- liaising with our external dispute resolution scheme; and
- dealing with the MFAA and the MFAA Disciplinary Tribunal as necessary.
We provide the following information about our internal and external dispute resolution procedures:
- we display a leaflet publicising our external dispute resolution scheme in our offices at all times;
- we publish the name and contact details of our Complaints Contact Person and a guide to our Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure on our website; and
- we give a guide to our Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure to any consumer who asks for it or when they want to make a complaint or dispute.